Please send your C.V. with a cover letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is November 1st 2019
This is a full-time position (including working every saturday) on a fixed term contract. Cash handling experience is essential. The successful candidate will be required to work in all 3 of our offices – Kingscourt, Bailieborough and Moynalty.
The Teller is responsible for providing an excellent standard of member service within the front office environment to members of Link Credit Union and performs a range of supporting tasks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing services to the members in the front office with regard to enabling them make lodgements, withdrawals, undertake foreign exchange transactions and make loan repayments. Updating member information and ensuring the database is kept in a high standard of accuracy with regard to computer entries.
- Accurately and competently handling cash; reconciling cash balances in a daily basis and accounting for any shortfalls or excesses – ensure lodgements are completed in a timely manner and deposited to the bank.
- Assisting members in making loan applications and explaining the loan process
- Processing any standing order payments from members.
- Explaining credit union products and services to members. Dealing with any queries from members concerning lodgements, withdrawals, or other issues ensuring they are referred to other team members where appropriate.
- Giving information to new member and opening their accounts. Ensuring that completed Membership application forms, Credit Agreements, Insurance forms and required documentation are correctly filed.
- Typing documentation as may be required, ensuring high standard of accuracy and excellent layout. Undertake general administration duties as required including scanning documents.
- Answering the telephone in a timely manner, ensuring that telephone messages are passed onto the correct person.
- Co-operating with new developments or services being introduced and advising members of same.
- Keeping professionally competent and attend training programs or workshops as required by the credit union.
- Attending and contributing to meetings as may be directed.
- Be aware and comply with all Health & Safety regulations as directed by the credit union, ensure that you adhere to the Health & Safety Policy of the credit union. Operating computers and other office equipment as required, following appropriate training in a safe manner. Ensure any defective equipment is reported or repaired in a timely manner.
- Participate and assist with scheduled member events such as the Annual General Meeting, Credit Union Days, Members Open Days and evenings and the annual schools quiz or other events.
- Participate in the Performance Management System.
- Maintaining a high standard of work performance, attendance, appearance and punctuality at all times.
- Ensure good working relationships with colleagues at all times.
- Ensure a high standard of member service treating each member with respect at all times.
- Ensure that the highest standards of confidentiality are maintained in relation to all areas of work.
- To report to the Branch officer on a regular basis, keeping them informed of all matters relevant to the role.
- To undertake such other reasonable and lawful duties as may be directed from time to time by the Branch Officer or Head of Operations
- Be conversant with all relative aspects of the computer systems in Link Credit Union and deal with minor IT issues.
- Be conversant with all relevant aspects of LP/LS & DBI claims.
- Prepare reports for Branch Officer, Head of Operations, CEO or the Board as required.
This is not deemed to be a complete list of all responsibilities of the role, that you may be required to undertake.