Calling all Local Artists Young and Old.
Link Credit Union Ltd has launched this years art competition and the theme is…
ARE YOU READY TO IMAGINE MORE? THEN ENTER THE CREDIT UNION ART COMPETITION 2020
Link Credit Union Ltd is urging its local community to ‘Imagine More’ for its this year’s credit union annual art competition.
This year’s theme, ‘Imagine More’, is influenced by the creative role art plays in Irish society and encourages participants to unlock their imagination and look at how art inspires us and our communities. Despite the current challenges, art has kept people from all walks of life connected and this year’s theme encourages participants to express this connectivity on paper or canvass.
The age groups are as follows:
- 7 years and under
- 8-10 years inclusive
- 11-13 years inclusive
- 14-17 years inclusive
- 18 years and over (Adult)
- There is also a Special Category for those with physical or intellectual disabilities. (This category are encouraged to use free expression in painting or drawing without the restrictions of the official theme)
Art has always been a huge part of Irish life and the Credit Union art competition, now in its 37th year, is dedicated to supporting and developing the arts in Irish society. Promoting and encouraging involvement in the arts across communities is an important message we want to spread. Art plays a critical role in enriching the lives of all people and is central to sustaining and increasing connections. Entrants are urged to reflect on the crucial role that the arts play in Irish society and how they help bind communities.
Winners, runners-up and merit award winners at local level go on to represent the Credit Union at regional level and if successful, at national level!
What you need to know
- There is no need to illustrate the text of the theme on the art piece
- All entries must be submitted in either A3 (420 x 297mm) or A2(594 x 420mm)
- All art must be landscape orientation
- Winners for each category (at the national level) will be used in the annual credit union calendar
- All entries must be handed into either Kingscourt or Bailieborough offices by no later than 16th October 2020