One of the main aims of a Credit Union is to encourage members to develop the habit of regular savings. For the individual the advantages of building up savings are obvious. These savings may be planned for something in the future or just for the rainy day which comes to so many of us. In Credit Unions the extra benefit is that your savings will be used to make loans available to other members and to yourself.
Each Credit Union, within legal limits, decides on the maximum amount of savings that each member may have. Each share a member holds in their Credit Union account is equal to €1.00. Each share is eligible for an annual dividend. The more savings held by the Credit Union, the more funds are available for loans to members.
The Credit Union provides Life Savings Insurance cover on savings of eligible members. Click here to find out more.
All members are encouraged to complete a Nomination of Beneficiary Form. Click here to find out more.
Every member will receive a Dividend on their shares held each year. The Dividend rate will be declared at A.G.M. and once voted upon by members is posted across to members’ accounts
- Credit union members can rest easy in the assurance that their savings are safe. Credit Unions in Ireland, which are affiliated to the Irish League of Credit Unions, are secued in several ways:
- All officials of credit unions, whether volunteers or staff, must be fidelity bonded.
- Savings up to a limit of €12,700 per member are protected by the Savings Protection Scheme in all credit unions participating in the Scheme.
- Government Guarantee Scheme covers savings of up to €100,000.
- Members savings within certain limits are insured through Life Savings Insurance.
- Full financial statements are prepared and can be examined by members.
- Annual independently audited returns are lodged with the relevant authority – The Central Bank of Ireland.
Link Credit Union Ltd. will be able to receive payments directly from your employer. You can chose to have all your wages paid directly into your Link Credit Union account or you can choose to have a set amount coming in each wage day. You can either provide your wages department with your account details (IBAN & BIC Code), or you can call into a Link Credit Union Office and we will complete a Wage Deduction Authorisation form for you and send it to your employer on your behalf.
Express Lodgement Facility
BEAT THE QUEUE – WE DO IT FOR YOU!!
If you are in a hurry, you can avail of the Express Lodgement Facility in our Offices. Complete the Express Lodgement Slip, place it into the envelopes provided and pop it into the Express Lodgement Box. Your lodgement will be made to your account at the end of that day.