THIRD LEVEL EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIPS
Link Credit Union operates a Student Scholarship Scheme for members attending or commencing a full-time Third Level course. We will award 20 3rd Level Scholarships of €750 and the draw will take place at our A.G.M. Our scholarship draw is an open draw, and is not based on academic achievement.
An extra draw will take place for a chance to win an additional 6 scholarships. Any Student or Parent on behalf of a student who took an Educational Loan with us will be eligible to enter.
How do I enter?
Applicants must complete our Scholarship Application Form, which requires verification of their attendance at their relevant 3rd Level College. Application Forms are available in any of our offices from the 1st September each year or will be available to download from our website.
I am a current Leaving Certificate student can I enter?
Yes, however certain criteria applies:
- You must be between 17 and 24 years of age on or before the 1st September of that year.
- You must be an active member with Link Credit Union prior to 31st July of that year.
- The applicant must be attending or commencing a full-time 3rd Level Course.
- The applicant must intend to pursue or attend a course of study in a recognised Irish or European Third Level Institute.
I have previously won a Scholarship, Can I enter again the following year?
Applications from previous winners will not be considered in the Scholarship Draw. However, any student/parent taking an Education Loan will be included in our additional draw of 6 Scholarships – this draw can include previous winners.
How is the scholarship paid?
The Scholarship will be paid directly to the winning Students in a lump sum cheque of €750. We will contact winning students after the draw takes place. Winning student will be invited into our offices on our presentation night to collect their Scholarship.
SCHOLARSHIP DRAW– RULES
- In order to be eligible for the Third Level Scholarship Scheme; Applicants must be an active member with Link Credit Union Ltd prior to 31st July 2017.
- Entrants must be between 17 and 24 years* of age *On or before 1st September 2017
- Applicants must be attending or commencing a full-time 3rd Level Course.
- Anyone in receipt of sponsorship of a course by an employer or are earning an income connected to his/her course, from an employer, is not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must complete the application form, which requires verification of their attendance at their relevant 3rd Level College. Note: Applications will not be entered for the draw if evidence is not returned with the application form.
- No application will be considered from post-graduate students of previous winners of this Scheme.
- Application forms are available from any of the Link Credit Union Offices: Kingscourt-Bailieborough-Moynalty from 1st September 2017 or in our Student Packs.
- Completed Application forms should be returned to any of our Offices by the closing date stated on the form. Applications will not be accepted after this date.
- There will be 20 x €750 Scholarships available.
- In the event of there being more applications than there are Scholarships available, all the qualifying names will go into a Lottery Draw which will take place at our A.G.M.
- Students/Parents that draw down a Student Loan with Link CU from 01st July – 01st December will be eligible to enter an additional draw. 6 more scholarships of €750 to be won in this extra draw.
The decision of the Board of Directors will be final.
If you would like to speak to a member of staff regarding the draw you can call into our offices or phone us on 042-9675000.
Download Our Student Newsletter