THIRD LEVEL EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIPS
Link Credit Union operates a Student Scholarship Scheme for members attending or commencing a full-time third level course.
We will award 10 3rd Level Scholarships of €1,000 this year.
Our scholarship draw is an open draw, and is not based on academic achievement.
An extra draw will take place for a chance to win an additional 2 scholarships. Any Student or Parent on behalf of a student who took an Educational Loan from 1st July 2020 until 31st December 2020 will be eligible to apply for this scholarhip of €1,000.
How do I enter?
Applicants must complete our Scholarship Application Form, which requires verification of their attendance at their relevant 3rd Level College. Application Forms are available in any of our offices or are available to download HERE
The following criteria applies:
- You must be between 17 and 24 years of age on or before the 1st September 2020.
- You must be an active member with Link Credit Union prior to 31st August 2020.
- The applicant must be attending or commencing a full-time 3rd Level Course.
- The applicant must intend to pursue or attend a course of study in a recognised Irish or European Third Level Institute.
I have previously won a Scholarship, Can I enter again the following year?
Applications from previous winners will not be considered in the Scholarship Draw. However, any student/parent taking an Education Loan will be included in our additional draw of 2 Scholarships – this draw can include previous winners.
How is the scholarship paid?
The Scholarship will be paid directly to the winning Students Link Credit Union Account in a lump sumof €1,000. We will contact winning students after the draw takes place.
- Applicants must be a member of Link Credit Union prior to 31st August 2020.
- Must be aged between 17 and 24 years on or before 1st September 2020.
- Closing date is 20th November 2020.
Scholarship Draw Rules
- • Applicants must be attending or commencing a full-time 3rd level course approved by the
Department of Education
• No application will be considered from postgraduate students
• Anyone in receipt of sponsorship of a course by an employer or earning an income
connected to his/her course, from an employer, is not eligible to apply
• Applicants must complete the application form, which requires verification of their
attendance at their relevant 3rd level college (if it is not possible to obtain a college stamp
please attach a letter from the college confirming your registration on your course or
alternatively a copy of receipt of your college fees)
Note: Applications will not be entered for the Draw if evidence is not returned with
the application form
• In the event of there being more applications than there are scholarships available, then
all the qualifying names will go into a lottery draw. Winning members will be notified by
letter and may be requested to take part in promotional activities associated with the
• There will be 8 x €1,000 Scholarships available and an additional 2 x €1,000 Scholarships
available to members who took out an educational loan between 1st July —31st Dec. 2020
• The Scholarship funds will be lodged into the winning student’s Link Credit Union account
• The decision of the Board of Directors of Link Credit Union will be final
• Winning members must accept the publication of their names and the area they live in, as
it is within Link Credit Union’s and its members’ legitimate interest to ensure that all
matters pertaining to the operation of the scholarship are transparent. However, no
photographs of winning or participating members will be published unless explicit
informed consent is received in advance
• Previous scholarship winners are not eligible to apply
If you would like to speak to a member of staff regarding the draw you can call into our offices or phone us on 042-9675000.Student Loans