Position: Loans Officer/Underwriter
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced lending underwriter to join our member focused credit union as a Loans Officer/Underwriter and be part of a dynamic lending unit that thrives on team work, organisational development and collaboration to support the financial needs of our members in the local community.
The Loans Officer/Underwriter will report directly to the Head of Lending & New Business and will support the lending unit in growing our loan book in accordance with our strategic plan.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provides a first-class service to members in adherence with board policies and procedures for the delivery of loan underwriting
- Assesses loans in a consistent and diligent manner in accordance with legislation, regulation and the Standard Rules for Credit Union as well as the policies and procedures set out in the Credit Union’s written Credit Policy and Procedure Notes, operating strictly within the specified limits of responsibility and authority and practicing responsible lending, including large exposure, loan concentration limits and maturity limits and the Credit Risk appetite of the Credit Union;
- Ensures implementation of the formal Credit (Lending) Policy and contributes to the development of credit policy and credit procedures by providing advice, expertise and practical assistance, as required;
- Assists and supports the activities of the Credit Committee;
- To prepare weekly and monthly credit reports for the credit committee and other reports as requested;
- Reviewing the work of Credit Officers and lending-related activities of the branches;
- Assists with reviews of the loan portfolio regularly to identify trends and opportunities and profile risk;
- Looks after all aspects of loan administration; liaises with solicitors in relation to perfecting security; ensures safekeeping of credit agreements and other relevant documentation; practices good CDD;
- Liaises with the Marketing function to co-ordinate promotional campaigns to enhance the loan book in line with strategic direction of the Credit Union
- QFA or other recognised professional qualification;
- Three or more years’ experience in a financial services organisation performing a similar role;
- Commercial and mortgage underwriting experience is desirable;
- Strong analytical skills. Clear and concise writing skills and an ability to perform well independently and also contribute to the success of the Central Lending Unit;
- Strong knowledge of IT systems.
- The role is subject to strict Fitness & Probity obligations
Link Credit Union Limited is an Equal Opportunities employer, canvassing will disqualify
Applications including CV and cover letter by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date is 5pm Monday 28th January 2019
Please contact DPO@linkcu.ie should you require a copy of our Recruitment Privacy Notice