Fraud Awareness Tips to Protect Your Account
This is International Fraud Awareness Week, and with Christmas coming closer and many of us buying online, now is the time you need to be most aware of online fraud, hacking and scamming.
To protect you and your account from fraud, please remember these Top tips:
- Your Credit Union will NEVER call, email or Text you asking you to provide your one time passcode or debit card information in order to confirm a recent transaction
- Your Credit Union will NEVER send you messages requesting you to click a link to review or block a fraudulent transaction on your account, or advise that you are locked out of your account
- Your Credit Union will NEVER ask you for the full 16 digits of your debit card number.
- NEVER divulge your One Time Passcode (OTP) for card transactions or when you are setting up Apple or Google Pay onto a smart phone.
- If you have doubts about the validity of the caller, simply hang up and source the phone number for that company to make contact
- Your Credit Union will never email and ask you to enter your debit card number, login details or any personal information anywhere. If you are in doubt, always delete emails of this nature
If you are concerned about a phonecall, text, email or link in relation to your Link Credit Union account, please phone us on 042 967 5000