Calling all Local Artists Young and Old.
Link Credit Union has launched this years art competition and the theme is…
The Force of Nature
All budding local artists were invited to submit entries for this year’s Credit Union National Art Competition
Link Credit Union were calling on our members to become a force to be reckoned with for the 2018 All Ireland Art Competition in this years 2018 All Ireland Credit Union Art Competition.
The age groups are as follows:
- 7 years and under
- 8-10 years inclusive
- 11-13 years inclusive
- 14-17 years inclusive
- 18 years and over (Adult)
- There is also a Special Category for those with physical or intellectual disabilities. (This category are encouraged to use free expression in painting or drawing without the restrictions of the official theme)
“The Force of Nature” theme is designed to give everyone, young and old, full scope to express their thoughts, imaginings, and anything that inspires them. Participants are encouraged to interpret the theme in any way they wish and to let their imagination alone set the rules for what they create.
Think Green, Think clean pollution, think liter-free environment
This art competition is about encouraging and rewarding self expression, creativity and imagination among young artists throughout Ireland. The competition requires entrants to draw or paint posters on the theme using pencil, charcoal, pen or ink, felt-tip markets, crayon, pastel, water colours, gouache, acrylics, oils, poster colour or collage.
Winners, runners-up and merit award winners at local level go on to represent the Credit Union at regional level and if successful, at national level!
What you need to know
- There is no need to illustrate the text of the theme on the art piece
- All entries must be submitted in either A3 (420 x 297mm) or A2(594 x 420mm)
- All art must be landscape orientation
- Winners for each category (at the national level) will be used in the annual credit union calendar
- All entries must be handed into either Kingscourt, Bailieborough or Moynalty offices by no later than 12th October 2018
Best of Luck to everyone