THIRD LEVEL EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIPS
Link Credit Union operates a Student Scholarship Scheme for members attending or commencing a full-time Third Level course. We will award 20 3rd Level Scholarships of €750 and the draw will take place at our A.G.M. Our scholarshipdraw is an open draw, and is not based on academic achievement.
An extra draw will take place for a chance to win an additional 6 scholarships. Any Student or Parent on behalf of a student who took an Educational Loan with us will be eligible to enter.
How do I enter?
Applicants must complete our Scholarship Application Form, which requires verification of their attendance at their relevant 3rd Level College. Application Forms are available in any of our offices from the 11th September 2018 or will be available to download HERE
The following criteria applies:
- You must be between 17 and 24 years of age on or before the 1st September of that year.
- You must be an active member with Link Credit Union prior to 31st July of that year.
- The applicant must be attending or commencing a full-time 3rd Level Course.
- The applicant must intend to pursue or attend a course of study in a recognised Irish or European Third Level Institute.
I have previously won a Scholarship, Can I enter again the following year?
Applications from previous winners will not be considered in the Scholarship Draw. However, any student/parent taking an Education Loan will be included in our additional draw of 6 Scholarships – this draw can include previous winners.
How is the scholarship paid?
The Scholarship will be paid directly to the winning Students Link Credit Union Account in a lump sumof €750. We will contact winning students after the draw takes place. Winning student will be invited into our offices on our presentation night to collect their Scholarship.
- Applicants must be a member of Link Credit Union prior to 31st July 2018
- Must be aged between 17 and 24 years on or before 1st September 2018
- Closing date is 30th November 2018
SCHOLARSHIP DRAW– RULES
- Applicants must be attending or commencing a full-time 3rd level course approved by the Department of Education
- No application will be considered from postgraduate students or previous winners of this scheme
- Anyone in receipt of sponsorship of a course by an employer or earning an income connected to his/her course, from an employer, is not eligible to apply
- Applicants must complete the application form, which requires verification of their attendance at their relevant 3rd level college
Note: Applications will not be entered for the Draw if evidence is not returned with the application Form
- In the event of there being more applications than there are scholarships available, then all the qualifying names will go into a lottery draw which will take place at our A.G.M.
- There will be 20 x €750 Scholarships available and 6 x €750 Scholarships available to members who took out an educational loan between 1st July — 1st December 2018
- The Scholarship funds will be lodged into the winning student’s Link Credit Union account
- The decision of the Board of Directors of Link Credit Union will be final
- Winning members will be notified personally and requested to take part in promotional activities associated with the draw
- Winning members must accept the publication of their names and the area they live in, as it is within Link Credit Union’s and its members’ legitimate interest to ensure that all matters pertaining to the operation of the scholarship are transparent. However, no photographs of winning or participating members will be published unless explicit informed consent is received in advance
If you would like to speak to a member of staff regarding the draw you can call into our offices or phone us on 042-9675000.
Download Our Student Newsletter